- Our next program after the conference is on Thursday, October 15 at 7:30 pm at the Naperville Municipal Center lower level, in rooms B&C. The program is Writing Family Newsletters, presented by Janis Minor Forte.
- Newsletters immortalize a multitude of family events which otherwise might be lost in time and forgotten in memory. Using the template of a now 18 year old family newsletter, this presentation will discuss its development and evolution. How it was created, its articles and columns and how it is sustained.
- The lecture will also discuss administrative and management policies as well as the critical issues of designing an impactful newsletter to the dynamic impact of who is on the front page. See Speaker Information.
- Check out our updated Local Names Index. We've recently added another 6500 names from Naperville newspapers dating from 1850 to 1943. That brings our total to over 46,000 names of people who lived in Dupage, Kane, and Kendall counties that can be found in local cemeteries, church records, newspapers, and historical documents.
- Also check out our updated Mike's Index. We've recently added over 1000 new entries.